Life at RightShip
RightShip offers employees the opportunity to work in a dynamic, professional and down-to-earth environment alongside like-minded colleagues.
We hire and train maritime specialists who deliver our core service offering – ship vetting and inspection services. Our clients demand quality and knowledge, which we deliver through our experienced technical team and our predictive online vetting platform, RightShip Qi.
RightShip has undergone an exciting period of growth and is committed to investing in the long-term future of our business.
Here’s what our employees have to say about working at RightShip:
“I feel proud and lucky working for RightShip and its achievements in the maritime industry. There is a strong corporate culture where everyone’s role is valued and this is a credit to the openness of senior management.”
“RightShip has a flexible and supportive work environment, offering a great work and family life balance.”
“Great people, rewarding work.…in a friendly relaxed environment.”
Values and Benefits
RightShip offers an excellent value proposition to our employees.
The way we work
RightShip is committed to the long-term success of our employees and our business. We operate in a manner that fosters respect and recognition, cooperation, honesty and integrity in everything we do, particularly in the way we work with our customers and each other.
RightShip employees have access to a broad range of benefits including:
- annual incentive scheme
- healthy lifestyle allowance ($500 AUD)
- employee referral program ($3,000 AUD)
- free personal travel insurance
- commitment to work/life balance
- global office rotations
Here at RightShip, we look out for passionate and talented professionals who share our values.
If this is you, tell us about yourself below.
Senior Sustainability Officer
Put your sustainability knowledge to the test!
A challenging role for a proven self-starter.
Due to a vacancy in our Sustainability area, an opportunity now exists for an experienced sustainability professional to apply their sustainability and environmental knowledge in a progressive company. Reporting to the Sustainability Manager, you will develop and implement initiatives to achieve RightShip’s vision to improve the environmental sustainability of the maritime industry.
The key responsibilities of this position are to:
- Contribute to the ongoing development of RightShip’s sustainability initiatives
- Manage assigned projects from inception to completion
- Benchmark sustainability performance through various reporting protocols
- Research and implement relevant environmental policies / standards
- Proactively engage with all relevant stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science or Maritime / Environmental Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Project Management experience with proven track record
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of current environmental issues and relevant regulation
- Excellent analytical and data management skills including use of Excel and Tableau
- Excellent client liaison skills shown through an ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently, use initiative and exercise sound judgment
- Marine knowledge and experience preferred but not essential
- Willingness to travel for work
Applications for this position close on Wednesday, 31 January 2018. For further information, please contact either:
Kris Fumberger, Sustainability Manager +61 3 8686 5739, firstname.lastname@example.org; or
Kate Kydd, Human Resources on +61 3 8686 5753, email@example.com
A complete position description for this role is available.