Life at RightShip
RightShip offers employees the opportunity to work in a dynamic, professional and down-to-earth environment alongside like-minded colleagues.
We hire and train maritime specialists who deliver our core service offering – ship vetting and inspection services. Our clients demand quality and knowledge, which we deliver through our experienced technical team and our predictive online vetting platform, RightShip Qi.
RightShip has undergone an exciting period of growth and is committed to investing in the long-term future of our business.
Here’s what our employees have to say about working at RightShip:
“I feel proud and lucky working for RightShip and its achievements in the maritime industry. There is a strong corporate culture where everyone’s role is valued and this is a credit to the openness of senior management.”
“RightShip has a flexible and supportive work environment, offering a great work and family life balance.”
“Great people, rewarding work.…in a friendly relaxed environment.”
Values and Benefits
RightShip offers an excellent value proposition to our employees.
The way we work
RightShip is committed to the long-term success of our employees and our business. We operate in a manner that fosters respect and recognition, cooperation, honesty and integrity in everything we do, particularly in the way we work with our customers and each other.
RightShip employees have access to a broad range of benefits including:
- annual incentive scheme
- healthy lifestyle allowance ($500 AUD)
- employee referral program ($3,000 AUD)
- free personal travel insurance
- commitment to work/life balance
- global office rotations
Here at RightShip, we look out for passionate and talented professionals who share our values.
If this is you, tell us about yourself below.
Vetting Superintendent - London
RightShip Pty Ltd
- Take the next step in your career
- Challenging role working in an experienced team
RightShip is a global industry leader in the supply of marine and environmental risk management solutions to the global maritime industry. Formed in 2001, we have gone from strength to strength within the domestic and international markets, using our growing influence to promote safety and efficiency in the global maritime industry.
We do this by offering the commerical shipping industry our state-of-the-art predictive online vetting platform, RightShip Qi. Launched in late 2016, RightShip Qi utilises big data, predictive analytics and real-time risk assessments to improve maritime safety and sustainability through allowing for sophisticated and informed vessel selection. Building on the success of our incumbent platform SVIS, we are pleased to supply our customers with an even better service offering.
With just over 40 employees globally, we all have a role to play in the success of our business. We offer a great culture with great people plus a very competitive remuneration and benefits package. There are many perks to working at RightShip!
A vacancy has arisen in our London office where we are seeking an experienced Vetting Superintendent to join the team. Reporting to the Manager - EMEA, you will be responsible for managing the quality of RightShip’s vessel screening system (Qi) to service the requirements of our customers.
The key responsibilities of this position are to:
- Screen all medium-high & high risk ships nominated for charter or calling at terminals or ports operated by our Customers
- Source information, update the databases and complete any necessary “housekeeping” to maintain the integrity, currency and ease of access to information contained in the databases
- Communicate with owners/operators and surveyors in accordance with company procedures, ensuring that all required documentation is properly maintained
- Complete all work in strict accordance with company written procedures
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Solid experience as a Master Mariner or Chief Engineer and have sailed in a senior capacity (Master/Chief Engineer) on International Trading – Oil/Gas/Chemical Tankers
- Preferred - Shore based employment in a Management / Supervisory capacity directly involved with the day to day technical and /or cargo operations of crude oil/petroleum product/LPG/LNG tankers. This could include service as Port (Terminal) Superintendent responsible for loading and discharging of ships
- Practical knowledge of ship construction, ship structures, ship machinery, ship repairing, ships’ operations, Chartering and Quality Management System
- A thorough understanding of ship surveys and certification including PSC, USCG, Flag State Surveys
- A good understanding of International Legislation relevant to shipping (relevant IMO and ILO regulations) and the Industry Practices and ISM Code, STCW
- A thorough understanding of vessel operations including current Mandatory requirements (ISM Code), Industry Standards, & recommended best practices (such as put out by ICS, etc.)
- Work authorization for employment in the United Kingdom
Applications are being sought from all suitably qualified candidates. To apply, please email an up to date resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this position to Kate Kydd by the close date.
Applications for this position close on Friday, 15th September 2017. For further information, please contact either:
David Peel – Manager - EMEA on +44 778 592 1582, email@example.com
Kate Kydd, Human Resources on +61 407 874 720, firstname.lastname@example.org
A complete position description for this role is available.